Real Estate Property Taxes
WHEN ARE TAXES DUE?
Entire property tax bill or first installment is due by January 31st. If you choose to pay in installments, your second installment is due by July 31st. Please note any payments after January 31st are due and payable to Oneida County Treasurer. PAYMENTS MUST BE POSTMARKED BY JANUARY 31 TO BE CONSIDERED TIMELY.
WHERE DO I PAY?
- All payments made on or before January 31 must be paid to:
- Town of Cassian PO Box 4 Harshaw, WI 54529
- Payments made after January 31 must be paid to:
- Oneida County Treasurer 1 S Oneida Avenue PO Box 400 Rhinelander, WI 54501
HOW CAN I PAY?
- Pay by Mail: Make checks payable to Town of Cassian, write parcel number on memo line of your check, and include the payment stub from the bottom of your tax invoice. Telephone numbers can be super helpful if there is an issue with the payment. Please include self-addressed stamped envelope if you wish for a receipt
- Pay Online: The Town of Cassian offers the option to pay online thru Point and Pay, a third-party Payment options are by E-checks (requires routing number and account number for a checking or savings), debit cards or credit cards. Please note there is a service fee that Point and Pay charges. Please reference your parcel # so payment can be applied correctly. The online payment option is only available on the Town of Cassian’s website until January 31.
In Person: The treasurer will be available to collect taxes at Cassian Town Hall on limited days during the tax Please consult our Town of Cassian calendar for those “In Person” tax collection dates.
ESCROW (MORTGAGE COMPANY) CHECKS
Please remember to endorse your escrow check if your name is listed under the “Pay to the Order” on the front of the check.
WHAT IS POWTS ON MY TAX BILL?
Some tax payers will notice a special charge of $5.00 POWTS (Private On-site Wastewater Treatment System) on their tax bill. Oneida County started adding the special charge to the property tax bill in 2021. This fee helps to cover the cost of administering the POWTS permitting and inspections. For more information, please contact the Oneida County Planning and Zoning Department at 715-369-6130.
HOW DO I LOOK UP REAL ESTATE TAX INFORMATION (tax bills, payment information, assessment information)?
HOW DO I REACH THE TOWN OF CASSIAN TREASURER?
Julie Irish can be reached at [email protected] or you can call 715-966-0045. Please note that Julie has a “day job” besides working for the Town of Cassian. If you leave a voicemail, she will get back to you as soon as possible in the evening or weekends
Personal Property Taxes
Personal property taxes are due by January 31.
All personal property taxes are payable to the Town of Cassian, PO BOX 4, Harshaw, WI 54529.
Personal property taxes can be paid online through Point and Pay or check. Remember to reference the account number so payment can be applied correctly. The online payment option is only available on the Town of Cassian’s website until January 31.